Recipe courtesy of Sandy’s Kitchen
Happy Chocolate Cake Day!
Looking for the best chocolate cake in Dubai? Then look no further than your own kitchen!
Today we are sharing with you a top chocolate cake recipe from the amazing Sandy’s Kitchen.
Known for her delicious chocolate cake, this is one recipe you MUST TRY with your family.
We are sure that it’ll be added to your recipe book to be made time and time again.
Chocolate Cake Recipe:
200 g flour (1.5 cups), sifted
310 g raw sugar (1.5 cups), you can sub with any other sugar. Tip: don’t try to reduce this amount, I tried and it did not work.
50 g cocoa powder (0.5 cup), sifted. I use Dutch processed and I think it’s better, but regular works too
1.5 ts baking soda
1.5 ts baking powder
0.5 ts salt
80 ml vegetable oil (0.33 cup)
1 large egg
1 Tb vanilla
190 ml milk (0.75 cup), you can use any milk making the cake dairy free
190 ml boiling water (0.75 cup) + 1 ts coffee powder mixed in
100 g milk chocolate (I used Lindt), but you can use any
100 ml whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Brush an 8” pan with oil and line the bottom of it with a baking paper disc. Then line the sides with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- Then, using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer) add in the wet ingredients, one by one. The oil, then the egg, vanilla, milk, and last, (slowly) the boiling water + coffee.
- Pour the cake mix into the pan and bake at 180 degrees C for 45-50 minutes (mine took 50) or until a skewer comes out with little crumbs.
- While the cake bakes, heat up the cream and chop the chocolate. When the cream is steamy add the chocolate and let it rest. Wait 5 minutes, then mix until the mixture becomes glossy.
- Let both the sauce and cake cool, pour the sauce on top and let me know how you feel about this
Watch the video of how to make it below:
You might also like Healthy Snack For Kids: Banana, Date and Hidden Zucchini Muffins