Expo 2020 is one of the largest events to take place globally. How lucky are we that we have Expo 2020 right here in Dubai. It’s an incredible spot in town for everyone to explore global pavilions. Along with the 3 major pavilions; Sustainability, Opportunity & Mobility.
If you’re planning a visit to Expo 2020 and want to know what not to miss, plus some tips for your visit, look no further! We’ve put together a list of things at Expo that you must & more.
Don’t forget that you can buy your Expo tickets easily on QiDZ! Grab your November day tickets for just AED45.
10 Things You Don’t Want to Miss at Expo 2020
1. Meet The Expo Mascots
Say hello to siblings Rashid and Latifa as they embark on an exciting journey through time and space around Expo2020. Under the watchful eye of Salama, the wise and powerful Ghaf tree, and with help of the super robot guardians – Opti, Alif and Terra – they must unlock the ancient secrets to secure a brighter future.
2. Walk Along Al Forsan Park
As you take a walk through Al Forsan Park, inspired by the UAE’s rich tradition of breeding, riding and caring for its horses, discover a wealth of opportunities for fun, culture and recreation. From a taste of the UAE’s first opera, to art installations, a souq and Latifa’s Adventures, there is something for the whole family.
3. Latifa’s Adventures in Space City
Inspired by the relentless curiosity of Latifa, this space city is a fun-filled immersive experience. Bounce over nets in the “zero-gravity” chamber and power a rocket by jumping on energy-generating tiles. Embark on your own mission to Mars by hopping aboard a replica of the UAE’s Hope Probe.
4. Learn to Dance Like The World-Class Riverdance Dancers at Riverdance Masterclass
Put on your dancing shoes and join the Riverdance professional dancers to learn the iconic Riverdance steps and choreography. Everyone’s welcome to shake a leg home with you.
5. Interact with Whales at Rashid’s Adventure Playground
Young Rashid has a passion for preserving the natural world. Ocean explorers can exercise their minds and bodies by climbing through a 3D maze modelled after one of the local waters’ most surprising inhabitants – the humpback whale! Watch out for the blowhole if you don’t want to get wet!
6. Expo 2020 Waterfall: A Spectacular, Unforgettable Water Experience
Be transformed with an experience that blends mesmerizing sights and sounds in a synchronized spectacle of music, water and fire. Larger-than-life immersive walls are swept over by gushing water which then appears to flow upwards in a gravity-defying feat of engineering!
7. Ride a Slide in Luxembourg
Slide down from a 21 metre tall slide! You can coast down into a green, woody space that evokes the country’s beautiful forests.
8. Cycle Your Way Around the World
Cycle your way around the Expo 2020, with 23 rental stations located across the site. Simply book your bicycle via the Careem Bike App.
9. Get a Lift to The Best View at Garden in the Sky
Enjoy beautiful panoramic views from The Garden in the Sky, a lush green, tree-lined rotating observation deck that lifts you 55 metres above Expo.
10. Interact with Opti
Be greeted and entertained by more than 150 robots, deployed by Terminus, who will also help with food and beverage delivery and hospitality services and even perform special displays.
Top Tips for Visiting Expo 2020 with Your Kids
- Take the metro! Not only is it a scenic route but you’ll get off right at the Expo entrance
- Make sure you have your ticket and proof of vaccination ready, download the Expo2020 app for ease. Plus it has the map for you to get directions easily.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothes (especially shoes since there’s a lot of walking), bring a hat for the little ones plus sunscreen and pack water with you. There are refill stations around the Expo as well.
- Bring an extra change of clothes for the little ones as there are some water features where the kids will definitely get wet!
- Make sure to check in advance if any pavilions need smart queues – incase you need to book earlier
- There are free buggies to take you around Expo as well
For more information you can always head over to the Expo website.
Be sure to share this with someone who is planning on vising Expo 2020!
You might also like: